Today i have made ghee at home. i was left with the strained jeera and curry leaves.Usually i add it to sambhar which enhances the flavour of sambhar.
But i thought why cant i use it to make palak rice. I added 3 red chillies to this jeera and curry leaves and ground it into course paste with which i made the palak rice. It turned out into yummy rice.
Cooked rice - 3 cups
Palak- 1 bunch
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
Jeera - 1 spoon
Ground nuts-2 tsp
Red chillies- 3 tsp
Salt to taste
ghee - 3 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Chenna Dal - 1 tsp
1. wash and cut palak and keep it aside.
2.Heat one tsp of ghee in a pan,add curry leaves,jeera,red chillies and fry a little bit.
3. keep aside and let it cool and grind it into course powder.(i have used the jeera,curry leaves left over from ghee making)
4. Heat remaining ghee in a pan add Mustard seeds, ground nuts,chenna dal,urad Dal and fry till golden.
5.Add cut onions,salt and fry till golden brown.Add the ground jeera,red chilli,and curry leaves powder.
6. add cut palak leaves, let it cook.
7.Add cooked rice to this mixture, mix well and switch of the stove.
8. Tasty Palak Rice is ready to eat.